Views: 5 Author: Site Editor Publish Time: 2021-09-23 Origin: Site
Rotary evaporator, also called rotary evaporator instrument, is a commonly used equipment in laboratories. It consists of a motor, distillation flask, heating pot, condenser, etc. It is mainly used for continuous distillation of volatile solvents under reduced pressure, and is used in chemistry and chemical engineering. , Biomedicine and other fields.
Product structure of rotary evaporator
1. Rotating motor: The evaporating flask containing the sample is driven by the rotation of the motor;
2. Evaporation tube: The evaporator tube has two functions. First, it acts as a rotating support shaft for the sample, and secondly, the sample is sucked out by the vacuum system through the evaporator tube;
3. Vacuum system: used to reduce the air pressure of the rotary evaporator system;
4. Fluid heating pot: Normally, the sample is heated with water;
5. Condenser: Use double snake-shaped condensate or other condensing agents such as dry ice and acetone to condense samples;
6. Condensation sample collection bottle: The sample enters the collection bottle after cooling.
Function of Rotary Evaporator
Rotary evaporators are mainly used in the concentration, crystallization, drying, separation and solvent recovery in the pharmaceutical, chemical and biopharmaceutical industries. The principle is to heat the rotating bottle at a constant speed under vacuum conditions, and the material forms a large area film on the bottle wall, which evaporates with high efficiency. The solvent vapor is cooled by the high-efficiency glass condenser and recovered in the collection bottle, which greatly improves the evaporation efficiency. It is especially suitable for the concentration and purification of biological products that are easily decomposed and denatured at high temperature.
The vacuum system of the rotary evaporator can be a simple water suction pump immersed in a cold water bath, or a mechanical vacuum pump with a cooling pipe. The evaporating and condensing glass components can be simple or complex, depending on the goal of the distillation and the characteristics of the solvent to be distilled. Different commercial equipment will contain some basic features. Modern equipment usually adds functions such as digital control of vacuum pumps, digital display of heating temperature and even steam temperature.